Instinet Incorporated's policy on linking to the Instinet family of websites.
Instinet Incorporated ("Instinet"), in general, will allow third party sites to link to Instinet's website located at www.instinet.com (the "Site") pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below.
If a third party is interested in linking to any Site, the third party should notify Instinet of its interest by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail should contain the individual's name, organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as a list of the URL's from which such third party intends to link to the Site and the particular Site with which the third party would like to link.
By linking to any page on the Site, the third party agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Links must either be 1) text-based using the word Instinet Incorporated or Instinet (the "Licensed Marks") or 2) use of one of the relevant logos Instinet Incorporated Icon in branded masthead as provided by Instinet Incorporated and which is depicted as follows (the "Instinet Incorporated Icon"):
For links to www.instinet.com:
No other use of the Instinet Incorporated Icon or any other Instinet Incorporated mark other than as described above is granted without Instinet's prior written permission. Use of the Instinet Incorporated licensed marks or the name or Icon for purposes other than linking to the Site are expressly forbidden.
- You may only link to the home page of the Site. You may not incorporate any content from the Site to your site without the prior written consent of Instinet.
- Do not use any of Instinet Incorporated's names, logos, designs, taglines, slogans, trademarks or service marks in any advertising, marketing, publicity, promotion or in any other commercial manner without the prior written permission for each particular use from Instinet Incorporated.
- Do not use any of Instinet Incorporated's names, logos, designs, taglines, slogans, trademarks or service marks in any metatag or other information used by search engines or other information location tools to identify and select sites, without the prior written permission from Instinet Incorporated.
- By linking to the Site, you acknowledge and agree that, other than as set forth herein, all rights to the Licensed Marks, other Instinet Incorporated marks, the Instinet Incorporated Icon, the content appearing on the Site and the design of the Site are the sole and exclusive property of Instinet Incorporated, and/or its affiliates.
- The Instinet Incorporated name must not be used or associated with any obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent, profane, defamatory or unlawful site or materials in any way, or in any manner that would adversely affect the name, reputation and goodwill of Instinet Incorporated and its products and services. No link(s) to the Site may appear on any page on your web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
- You may not create frames around Instinet Incorporated's web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of the Site.
- You must not misrepresent your relationship with Instinet Incorporated or present false or misleading impressions about Instinet Incorporated. The granting of this permission does not indicate nor should it be construed in any way to represent an approval or endorsement by Instinet Incorporated of you or your company, your web site, any materials on a web site containing the Instinet Incorporated name or your goods and services (in all cases, except as Instinet Incorporated may have agreed separately with you in writing).
- You agree to maintain a jump page on your site that is the first page a user sees when such user is transferred to any Site after clicking on the hypertext link provided on Your site pursuant to this Agreement. The language to be included on the jump page should state that 1) the user is leaving Your site and is accessing a Site maintained by Instinet Incorporated; and 2) that Instinet Incorporated disclaims all liability for any content appearing on your site.
- Instinet Incorporated shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your web site. Instinet Incorporated shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, liability or expense that may accompany or result from your use of a link to the Site, including but not limited to any computer virus; technical, hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmissions. You agree to indemnify and defend Instinet Incorporated against all claims arising out of or based upon your web site.
- Instinet Incorporated reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links to the Site from your site.
Instinet Incorporated controls and operates its Site from the state of New York in the United States of America. If you use the Instinet Incorporated name or any Instinet Incorporated Icon to link to any Site from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and/or regulations.
Subject to your compliance with the above terms, Instinet Incorporated agrees to grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable royalty-free license to use the Licensed Marks solely for the purpose of establishing any permitted link hereunder. Except for the limited license to use the Licensed Marks set forth in this paragraph and otherwise as may be permitted by applicable law, you may not use any of Licensed Marks or Instinet Incorporated Icon for any other reason without the prior written permission of Instinet.